Chief Learning Officer magazine is a trademark of Mediatec Publishing Inc. All clomedia.com and Chief Learning Officer magazine content Copyright 2013 MediaTec Publishing Inc. All Rights Reserved. It is illegal to copy, reproduce or publish any information contained on clomedia.com or in Chief Learning Officer magazine without express written permission from MediaTec Publishing Inc.
Chief Learning Officer Names Best Companies for Workforce Development
AT&T tops the list of companies recognized as the 2013 LearningElite at a gala dinner at the Spring Chief Learning Officer Symposium in Austin, Texas.
AT&T walked away with the honor as the best company for employee learning and development at Sunday night’s LearningElite Gala, Chief Learning Officer magazine’s annual recognition of leading companies for learning and development.In total, 52 organizations were named to the LearningElite at the gala and dinner at the Hyatt Lost Pines Resort & Spa just outside of Austin, Texas. Now in its third year, the LearningElite awards are Chief Learning Officer magazine’s annual recognition of excellence in the learning and development field. Developed under the guidance of a group of chief learning officers and senior L&D practitioners, the LearningElite is a peer-based benchmarking initiative that recognizes excellence using five key L&D performance indicators: learning strategy, learning execution, learning impact, business performance results and leadership commitment.The 2013 result marks a return to the top spot for AT&T, which was No. 2 last year after being named to the top spot in 2011. McDonald’s USA LLC edged up from the fifth spot to No. 2, UPS moved from No. 6 to the third spot and Procter & Gamble Distributing took over the fifth spot after being named No. 10 last year. New entrants to the top 10 included Jiffy Lube International and Coldwell Banker Real EstateIn order, the top 10 are:
• McDonald’s USA LLC.
• Jiffy Lube International.
• Procter & Gamble Distributing LLC.
• Defense Acquisition University.
• Accenture PLC.
• General Mills.
• Coldwell Banker Real Estate.
“These organizations demonstrated superior alignment of the learning function with the goals and strategy of their organizations,” said Sarah Kimmel, director of research and advisory services for Human Capital Media Group, the research arm of MediaTec Publishing, which publishes Chief Learning Officer magazine. “They also provided rigorous evidence of the impact of training on the business, even though that measurement was achieved through many different metrics and methods.”
In addition to the LearningElite recognition, the editors of Chief Learning Officer magazine recognized the following companies for separate Editor’s Choice awards:
• General Mills for Learning Strategy.
• Qualcomm Inc. for Leadership Commitment.
• Defense Acquisition University for Learning Impact.
• Accenture PLC for Learning Execution.
• Coldwell Banker Real Estate for Business Performance Results.
• Vi as the Best Small Company.
2. McDonald’s USA LLC
4. Jiffy Lube International
5. Procter & Gamble Distributing LLC
7. Defense Acquisition University
8. Accenture PLC
9. General Mills
10. Coldwell Banker Real Estate
11. EMC Corp.
12. Qualcomm Inc.
13. Cerner Corp.
16. KPMG LLP
17. United Services Automobile Association
18. InterContinental Hotels Group
19. AlliedBarton Security Services
20. BJC HealthCare
21. Nationwide Mutual Insurance Co.
22. Deloitte LLP
23. Emory University
24. FDIC Corporate University
25. DaVita Inc.
26. Sidley Austin LLP
28. Automatic Data Processing Inc.
29. NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
30. First Data
31. ConAgra Foods Inc.
32. American Heart Association, American Heart University
33. State Farm Insurance
34. Veterans Affairs Acquisition Academy
36. TIC - The Industrial Co.
37. University Health System
38. CA Technologies
39. The Department of Veterans Affairs, Learning University
41. UnitingCare Community
42. Essar Group
43. RBS Citizens Business Services Learning and Development
44. HD Supply Power Solutions
45. Fresh and Easy Neighborhood Market
46. Banner Health
47. Berkshire Health Systems
48. Rogers Communications Inc.
49. New York Life Insurance Co.
50. Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores
51. Oasis Outsourcing Inc.
52. Spectra Energy
Behind the Scenes of Yum! Brands Global Success
January 9th 2:00pm - 3:00pm ET
2014 CLO Breakfast Club, Atlanta
March 20th - 20th, 2014Loews Atlanta Hotel
Spring 2014 CLO Symposium
March 30th - April 2nd, 2014The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel
From the Network
Twitter UpdatesTweets by @CLOmedia