Chief Learning Officer magazine is a trademark of Mediatec Publishing Inc. All clomedia.com and Chief Learning Officer magazine content Copyright 2013 MediaTec Publishing Inc. All Rights Reserved. It is illegal to copy, reproduce or publish any information contained on clomedia.com or in Chief Learning Officer magazine without express written permission from MediaTec Publishing Inc.
Corporate Learning Execs to Gather at U of Penn for Leadership Conference
Philadelphia — April 23Corporate University Xchange, a talent development insight and education provider, and the University of Pennsylvania Graduate School of Education will host the 13th annual Global Leadership Congress at the University in Philadelphia May 15-17.Titled "Breakthrough Ideas on 21st Century Learning," the event seeks to bring together faculty and thought leaders to apply academic theory and practices to the creation of innovation in corporate cultures.The program is structured to address and implement each stage of talent innovation.• Day 1: Unleashing the Collective Genius. Participants will take part in an Innovation Tournament, and then learn how to creatively solve complex problems in their organization.
• Day 2: A Whirlwind Talent Innovation Tour. Sessions explore the critical drivers of innovation by sharing best practices with leaders from business and academic communities.
• Day 3: Award Winners Teach Real World Success Stories. Participants will put innovation into practice, with corporate learning executives at MasterCard, Ritz-Carlton and the Class of 2012 Learning Excellence and Innovation Award Winners.This year's Congress leaders include:• Dave Pottruck — bestselling author, Wharton professor, CorpU chairman and former CEO of Charles Schwab.
• Mike Mullen — 17th chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
• Mitra Best — U.S. innovation leader at PricewaterhouseCoopers.
• Doug Lynch — Penn GSE's vice dean.
• Christian Terwiesch — Wharton professor and co-author of Innovation Tournaments.
• Richard Ingersoll — Penn GSE professor and author of Who Controls Teacher's Work?
• Stanton Wortham — Penn GSE associate dean and co-author of Bullish on Uncertainty.
• Martin Ihrig — Research director at Wharton's Entrepreneurial Research Center.
• Joseph Kable — Penn psychology professor and Neuroeconomist.
• Angela Lee Duckworth — Penn psychology professor and expert on grit and perseverance.
• Ian McMillan — Wharton professor and expert on innovation and entrepreneurship.
• Charles Fadel — global education expert and author.
• Jessica Pryce-Jones — expert in raising productivity through the science of happiness at work.
• Gregg Lichtenstein — expert on venturing, incubation, business strategy and economic development.Source: Corporate University Xchange
The Next Generation of HR: What’s Wrong? What’s Right?
May 23rd 1:00pm - 2:00pm CT
2013 CLO Breakfast Club, Boston
September 12th - 12th, 2013The Westin Copley Place
Fall 2013 CLO Symposium
September 30th - October 2nd, 2013Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
Get the Magazine