Chief Learning Officer magazine is a trademark of Mediatec Publishing Inc. All clomedia.com and Chief Learning Officer magazine content Copyright 2013 MediaTec Publishing Inc. All Rights Reserved. It is illegal to copy, reproduce or publish any information contained on clomedia.com or in Chief Learning Officer magazine without express written permission from MediaTec Publishing Inc.
Jeanette Graebener: Engineering an Inventory of Minds at SAIC
SAIC is also looking to develop a succession planning program and more and better leadership programs for senior executives. “One of our challenges and goals is to create a successful talent pool to assume leadership roles within this company,” Graebener said. “We have now been tasked with creating leadership and development programs for our most senior levels, which is very exciting because he (CEO Kenneth C. Dahlberg) is committed to growing our own. And I think that goes along with the whole philosophy of employee ownership. Those that understand what we do should and can lead this company. So we have to make sure that we totally understand his vision and that we clearly provide the best learning to actually get that group ready over the next several years to take on more significant leadership roles.”
Name: Jeanette Graebener
Title: Vice President for Administration, Director of Corporate Education and Professional Development
Company: Science Applications International Corp. (SAIC)
- Received International Award of Honorable Distinction for Strategic Alliances (top three out of 80 candidates) by 2003 Corporate University Xchange and Fortune Magazine.
- Negotiated an e-learning contract that revolutionized the way employee-owners are trained. The fully hosted internet-based program is a 24x7, proactive, online mentoring and technical resource that allows employee-owners and managers to customize a learning path, attend live expert-led seminars and workshops, do skills assessments, lab exercises, pre-testing and placement exams, as well as news, articles and white papers in the designated area of interest.
- Established certificate and advanced degree programs with leading universities around the country.
- Led SAIC’s stock incentive program, which encourages employees to complete university programs in systems engineering in order to increase their skills and broaden their career opportunities.
- Led SAIC’s 21st Century Leadership Mentor/Protégé Program by developing a diverse community of leaders who manage technical growth, model professional integrity, exceed customer expectations and demonstrate entrepreneurial and collaborative initiatives to grow the enterprise while serving as champions of SAIC’s employee-ownership values.
Behind the Scenes of Yum! Brands Global Success
January 9th 2:00pm - 3:00pm ET
2014 CLO Breakfast Club, Atlanta
March 20th - 20th, 2014Loews Atlanta Hotel
Spring 2014 CLO Symposium
March 30th - April 2nd, 2014The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel
From the Network
Twitter UpdatesTweets by @CLOmedia