Chief Learning Officer magazine is a trademark of Mediatec Publishing Inc. All clomedia.com and Chief Learning Officer magazine content Copyright 2013 MediaTec Publishing Inc. All Rights Reserved. It is illegal to copy, reproduce or publish any information contained on clomedia.com or in Chief Learning Officer magazine without express written permission from MediaTec Publishing Inc.
Turner Construction Co.: Building the Future
Turner Construction Company is the leading commercial builder in the United States, completing more than 1,600 projects a year across 42 business units in 27 states. The company has more than 4,700 employees and works with over 25,000 subcontractors, whic
By improving skills and competencies and educating staff on better project management, Turner adds value to its customers. It is also developing a “Turner Certified Subcontractor” process as a means of increasing subcontractor skills and competencies, again increasing client satisfaction and enhancing its reputation in the marketplace.
To help Turner reach its learning goals, it turned to INTELLINEX, which used its innovative e-learning delivery method to create a distance-learning environment. This solution provides access to relevant information for instructor-led and Web-based courses. It ensures consistent, quality content on a just-in-time basis across all business units as well as to Turner subcontractors. The comprehensive training system includes:
- INTELLINEX Learning Management System (LMS): a single point for locating, registering for, accessing and tracking learning as well as analyzing skill gaps.
- INTELLINEX Learning Content Management System (LCMS): a distributed authoring and content management system, providing developers and course administrators with browser-based tools, learning modules and tips to develop and manage Web-based learning.
- Learning solution design and development.
- Program planning, classroom delivery supervision, budgeting and billing, management reporting and vendor/material administration.
- Third-party application and content integration services.
- Hosting services on the INTELLINEX ASP platform.
INTELLINEX worked with Turner to create a custom OSHA 30-hour certification course designed to teach and reinforce Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations and enhance the concept of thinking, acting and living safely every day. Reducing the number of on-the-job incidents through improved training adds value to Turner customers and reduces costs. The course provides subcontractors the knowledge to ensure all safety regulations are followed on all Turner projects.
Leveraging the Latest in Brain Science to Deliver the Next Generation of E-Learning
May 29th 1:00pm - 2:00pm CT
2013 CLO Breakfast Club, Boston
September 12th - 12th, 2013The Westin Copley Place
Fall 2013 CLO Symposium
September 30th - October 2nd, 2013Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
Get the Magazine